search the home sim blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

HI! challenge, day 17

FYI: Ariel challenged me to say hi and attempt conversation with one stranger a day in SL for 30 days and blog about it. Today is day 17. This fyi will appear at the top of each post. All photos and names of strangers are used with permission, except this time. Because I think explaining what I was trying to do would have been too confusing. Mostly for me. Names of established friends are used willy nilly!!! :-D

Ariel saw me in action tonight. We were at Atmosphere Works looking at furniture when I saw someone tp in with a cute name. It went something like this:

[09:27 PM]  Owly Indigo: hi mew ;-)
[09:27 PM]  mew Pinion: hi
[09:27 PM]  Owly Indigo: some great furniture here ;-D
[09:27 PM]  Ariel Wingtips: hi mew
[09:27 PM]  Ariel Wingtips: :)
[09:28 PM]  mew Pinion: hi!
[09:28 PM]  mew's translator: hi!
[09:28 PM]  mew Pinion: ここには初めて来たよ
[09:28 PM]  mew's translator: I first came here
[09:28 PM]  Owly Indigo: oh! my first time too ;-)
[09:29 PM]  mew Pinion: ここは素晴らしいですね
[09:29 PM]  mew's translator: This sounds great
[09:29 PM]  mew Pinion: おしゃれな家具があります
[09:29 PM]  mew's translator: There are tastefully furnished
[09:29 PM]  Owly Indigo: yes! beautiful ... and fairly low prim
[09:29 PM]  mew Pinion: はい
[09:29 PM]  mew's translator: Yes


And that's as far as we got. Small talk. From her profile:

Hi,My name is mew Pinion.
mew is my cat's name.
I hope make friends from around the world.
Thanks.


Aw!

Plus she is adorable:

Ok, see the tables in the background? The vendor sign just above them says at the bottom: "it's a simple table." I find this really really funny. Like, did I say I had higher expectations of this table!?

Here's what I learned: Oh yeah, back to learning stuff. Well ...I've never had much luck with translators in SL, you really can't get much beyond very simple small talk in my limited experience. Sigh. Sadly, for me "friends from around the world" can be in English only. :-(

No comments: