search the home sim blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

HI! challenge, day 11

FYI: Ariel challenged me to say hi and attempt conversation with one stranger a day in SL for 30 days and blog about it. Today is day 11. This fyi will appear at the top of each post. All photos and names of strangers are used with permission. Names of established friends are used willy nilly!!! :-D
 
It is late. I have been offline most of the day, and I didn't think I would be able to complete the challenge for day 11. I was kind of moping about this to PT, and he said something along the lines of noooooooooooooooo let's go meet someone right now! LOL. I was tired and unwilling, but he was encouraging.

[22:33]  PT Beardmore: can you try?
[22:33]  Owly Indigo: someone is on the sim
[22:33]  Owly Indigo: we could try that person?
[22:34]  PT Beardmore: ok!
[22:34]  PT Beardmore: you gotta say hi first for it to count

He meant he couldn't say hi first, I had to be the initiator. I agreed! We found there was someone floating over by Sweet Antidote. She was either a shopper or a hunter, but either way, I was going to attempt contact. She appeared to be some sort of dark fairy, with all sorts of things strapped to her legs and arms. Her AO was adorable; she was floating and cycling through cute poses. Anyway, I said hello to her, and PT did too. I commented on her AO. PT said some stuff. I said more stuff. And uhhhhhh ... she didn't say anything.

lol

Ok, so I didn't get permission for this photo, but her face is not really visible, and I wanted to show you the heart attached to her arm. She is wearing her heart on her sleeve! Or arm. Or something. Awwwwww ... creepy!



Here's what I learned: Sometimes people are just afk. Also, good friends are good motivators when you are ready to just go to bed instead of staying committed to a challenge. :-)

No comments: