search the home sim blog

Sunday, September 5, 2010

HI! challenge, day 05

FYI: Ariel challenged me to say hi and attempt conversation with one stranger a day in SL for 30 days and blog about it. Today is day 05. This fyi will appear at the top of each post. And starting from this point, all photos and chat are used with permission.

So how did I meet a stranger today? I was hanging around my yard this afternoon, looking at the bunnies and thinking I needed to buy more food, when I noticed a couple of avs rez into FireGOOD!!! and start fishing off the back dock. I thought about saying hello to them, but then I thought, well, bunnies have been neglected and need to eat now. LOL. I got my bunny food off xstreet (omg, so much easier than fighting the lag on the Ozimals sim), and when I returned to SL, the fishers were gone (already!?). But there was someone walking toward the aviary ...


This is Atticus Fang. I said hello and apologized for the unfinished state of the aviary. (When am I going to finish it, anyway!?) He said he thought the owl was watching him, and he asked if this was my build. From there we talked about birds and birding and aviaries and peoplewatching. He found our sim by searching for coffee shops. We also talked about living in a deconsecrated church building, the earthquake in Assisi, the well-deserved popularity of Florence, and Italy in general. I gave him the bookclub notecard, we talked about books and reading, and then ...

[18:16]  Atticus Fang: i am finding that many of the books i dreaded reading as a kid
[18:16]  Atticus Fang: are turning out to be my favorites as an adult
[18:17]  Owly Indigo: oh! like which ones ... ?
[18:18]  Atticus Fang: this conversation just got personal. revealing your favourite books is sort of like baring your soul
[18:18]  Atticus Fang: lol
[18:18]  Owly Indigo: eep, I'm sorry ;-)
[18:18]  Owly Indigo: I got a little enthusiastic
[18:18]  Atticus Fang: no no no its great
[18:19]  Atticus Fang: its not often that i get to have these conversations here

Well, that's gonna change, because he joined book club! Hooray! We had such a nice, though brief, conversation, I felt emboldened to tell him about my challenge and ask ...


[18:20]  Owly Indigo: would you be ok with being my stranger for the day? ;-D
[18:20]  Atticus Fang: heck yeah!

I also felt emboldened to add him to my friends list. !!!! This is the first time during this challenge that I've felt comfortable enough with someone to ask.

[18:24]  Atticus Fang: See ya soon bird lady!

Awwwwwww. :-D


Here's what I've learned: It is amazing how you find common ground when you just start talking! I mean, he had been to my most favorite city in the world (Assisi), how cool is that? That is not something you learn from a profile, it's something you learn through conversing. Atticus, I look forward to talking with you more!


No comments: