search the home sim blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

HI! challenge, day 12

FYI: Ariel challenged me to say hi and attempt conversation with one stranger a day in SL for 30 days and blog about it. Today is day 12. This fyi will appear at the top of each post. All photos and names of strangers are used with permission. Names of established friends are used willy nilly!!! :-D
 
Opportunities to talk with new people come when you least expect them. Today I had seen this on the feeds. Do I need a cute little tree avatar? Hell yes I do! So I wandered over to Fallen Gods to hunt for the little blue star. I don't know if it was me, or SL, or FG, or what ... but it was super laggy there. Lots of people were around. I decided to hang out by the lucky chairs to wait for things to rez, hoping for my letter to be called in the meantime.

There is also a lucky fortune teller thingy there. You know, where two people sit down and the fortune teller thingy gives one of you a "fortune" and then "tests" your "compatibility." Wow, lotsa quotation marks in that previous sentence. Anyhoot, if you get 100%, you get the prize in the machine. Otherwise, try again with another person. Or with the same person. Because, you know, it's not really compatibility but the statistical stuff in the machine.

Rez rez rez ... there is a man standing next to me, facing the fortune teller thingy.

[15:14]  Jaysen Silvercloud: wanna try Owly?
[15:14]  Owly Indigo: sure ;-D

Normally I would have been overcome with shyness and tp'd the hell out. But I thought, why not? I didn't know what the prize was, but if it helps someone out, well, sure.


[15:14]  Lucky Fortune Teller whispers: But wait! The spirits wish to test for an astral connection!
[15:14]  Lucky Fortune Teller whispers: Jaysen Silvercloud and Owly Indigo have a mystic connection of 100%
[15:14]  Owly Indigo: no
[15:14]  Owly Indigo: way
[15:14]  Owly Indigo: hahahahaha
[15:15]  Lucky Fortune Teller whispers: Congratulations, the prize is yours!
[15:15]  Jaysen Silvercloud: OMG
[15:15]  Lucky Fortune Teller owned by Alia Baroque gave you 'ARBOREAL fortunes +Fallen Gods Inc.+ (boxed)'  ( http://slurl.com/secondlife/Selidor/194/115/24 ).
[15:15]  Owly Indigo: YAY!!!!
[15:15]  Jaysen Silvercloud: dang
[15:15]  Jaysen Silvercloud: lol
[15:15]  Owly Indigo: that NEVER works for me!
[15:15]  Jaysen Silvercloud: lol crazy
[15:15]  Owly Indigo: wow ... what did we get!?

Dude. DUDE. WE GOT TREE AVS!!!


Amazing, yeah? Also, please note he said "dang" which automatically makes him superawsum. We were marvelling over our surprising luck when his brother came by, and he asked me to try the mystic connection with him too, but ...

[15:16]  Fallen Gods Inc. Fate Chair: This prize wasn't claimed... so let's try a new magic letter.
[15:16]  Fallen Gods Inc. Fate Chair: Next Prize: +Fallen Gods Inc.+ Elemental Choker and Necklace
[15:16]  Fallen Gods Inc. Fate Chair: Looking for a winner whose name begins with.... O.

WHAAAAA? Yeah, it was my lucky day! I got a feather necklace! Wheeeeee! The brother had to wait while I got my lucky chair thing, lol. I did not have a mystic connection with the brother however. Nor with any of the other people I sat on the fortune thing with, alas. We talked a bit more about the avs, he pointed out my shoes were still on, we exclaimed over the flower-filled holes in the chest. He bemoaned the lack of elf ear availability, and I noted that although there are many twig/vine attachments, there appeared to be one missing for his av. *ahem* He predicted FG would come out with one eventually! I found the perfect hair to go with my av too ... the Miasnow Partridge in a Hair Tree one. Then I told him about this challenge, and he was very gracious about taking the photo, cycling through a number of hairs to find his perfect one! Eventually something came up for me so I tp'd away, but not without thanking him for his kind invitation to test our mystical connection.

lol


Here's what I learned: Talking with strangers can be lucky! ;-)

No comments: