search the home sim blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

HI! challenge, day 15

FYI: Ariel challenged me to say hi and attempt conversation with one stranger a day in SL for 30 days and blog about it. Today is day 15. This fyi will appear at the top of each post. All photos and names of strangers are used with permission - except this time, I don't think the conversation we had in local warrants a "May I?" this time. Names of established friends are used willy nilly!!! :-D

Eeeeesh. Well, today's adventure was kinda scary. Following Sam's advice, cammed out on the map and picked a random sim that had people on it. I landed on a sim called "Dim Alley" and was greeted with the following:

04:55 PM]  IM: The Sweatshop Syndicate Greeter: Welcome to The Sweatshop Syndicate!
[04:55 PM]  IM: Super Greeter 5.6: Owly Indigo ,you've been riding the subway a little longer than usual on your way home after a long busy day at work. It finally stops but in a different and unusual part of town...you look out and it seems a little frightening...but your curiosity gets the better of you and you decide to step out....Welcome to Chinatown!!

Hm, RP sim? A guy tp's in on top of my head. Here's my chance!

[04:56 PM]  Owly Indigo: hey there
[04:56 PM]  Owly Indigo: is this a RP sim?

Durrrrr yes Owly, it probably is, but that's the first thing that popped into my head. The guy ignores me - he's moving around though, he must've "heard" me. So I go exploring. It looks like I am in a really dingy subway. I find stairs and head up. I'm in an alley. There is a dumpster and a garbage truck ahead. They uhhhhh have poseballs that say really nasty icky creepy things on them. Like, violence against women type things. EEK!

I find a cafe, go inside, and sit down so I can cam around a bit. Other green dots are nearby, so I think ... maybe someone will come by that I can talk with. As I cam, I notice an av who appears to be in a booth and is ... ummmmm ... well. There is a similar stool nearby. The words above the stool say "wank." This is creepy.


I completed my mission. I did say hello to a stranger. It's probably a good thing he didn't say hi back. I read his profile and it made me go like this: O.O. I'm glad I didn't engage with the other guy either - he was kinda busy, though. Blah. I'll probably try this map-dots-click strategy again, and hopefully get a clue a bit quicker the next time!

Here's what I learned: OH YEAH not all sims are nice and friendly sims with nice and friendly people. BTW, these ending thingies ... I just want to clarify that I don't think I'm saying anything new or original here, it's just a reflection on what I'm getting out of the encounter. :-)

No comments: