search the home sim blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

the literary arts on the home sim

And isn't that a lofty title for what we do here? haha

Oh hey so guess what, the poetry reading on Saturday went really really well! Todd Action read a number of his own works to about a dozen of us, and then a few poems by other people. Then a new friend whose name began with a J and the rest of which I have sadly misplaced in my brain read some of his own work. Then I read Part IV of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner. And then Owlette needed me to make her lunch. It was GREAT!

Here is an Action (har) shot from my vantage point:


That photo seems to be a bit blurry? Ok like ... HOW did I get a blurry photo in SL? Did it not rez? wtf

At some point Todd mentioned Magritte, so I had to pull out The Treachery of SL, which is behind him on the right.


Ceci n'est pas une rl pipe

Ha.

Don't forget, League of Extraordinary Dorks Book Club is tonight from 7:00-9:00 pm slt. I'm sad to say I don't think I will make it, as Mr. Owly comes home from TX tonight, which actually I am happy about.

Thanks again to Todd for a great afternoon of poetry! xoxo

No comments: